By default, your Google+ profile is accessible by search engines like Google, Bing and others. This makes it easy for others trying to find you. However not everyone wants their profile to be indexed or searchable through a search engine. If you feel the same, you can easily prevent search engines from crawling your profile with a little setting change on your profile page.
If you want to avoid your profile to show up in search results, just follow these steps:
- Login into your Google+ account and go to your profile page
- Click on the blue Edit Profile button seen on the top right
- Scroll to bottom of page and you should see the Profile discovery setting, click on it.
- Uncheck the option ‘Help others discover my profile in search results’ and click the Save button
- Finally save your profile changes by clicking on the Done editing button
That’s it! Now search engines won’t be able to search and index your profile.
- If your profile already appears in a search engine, it might take a while for the it to be removed.
- This setting won’t hide publicly posted posts, comments or your posts shared by others.