Cannot Install or Update Chrome – Error, Corrupt or Failed Installation
Sometimes it’s not easy install Google Chrome error free. There are various problems like corrupt installed file (exe) or failed operation at last step of installation. Chrome wont install or gives trouble in updating due to many reasons primary due to network failure, internet connection and corrupt installation.
These Chrome updation or installation problems often arises when you download installer in temp directory, but then these files get deleted by OS. To solve these problems, follow the below steps:
For Google Chrome Fresh Installation:
1) First of all, remove the previous version of Chrome by Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel for windows XP or Programs and Features in Windows Vista.
2) Manually delete some leftover files of Chrome from the following locations:
XP – C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Google\Chrome\
Vista – C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\
3) Now get a fresh install from Chrome Official site or download the dot(.)exe installation file from here.
For Updating Previous versions of Google Chrome:
1) Download the portable chrome from here and unzip it in any folder. Now find the file Chrome_Update.exe in the locations told above in step 2 and replace it with the one you have unzipped.
2) Run Chrome_Update.exe from system folder to update Chrome to latest version.That should solve error in updating chrome.