Run Multiple Instances of Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk
If you are a Internet freak as I am , then you must be having a lot of email id’s (yahoo,gmail,hotmail) however you could run only one yahoo id at a time in yahoo messenger.
There is a registry tweak for running multiple yahoo id’s or google id’s on a single computer.
Follow these steps for yahoo messenger :
1. Go to Start —-> Run . Type regedit, then enter .
2.Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER ——–> Software —>yahoo —–>pager—->Test
3.On the right pane , right-click and choose new Dword value .
4.Rename it as Plural.
5.Double click and assign a decimal value of 1.
That’s it done!!
Now close registry and restart yahoo messenger .For signing in with new id open another messenger.
for google Talk :
For any Gtalk fans want to run multiple instance Gtalk messenger account at the same times. Here is a simple trick you can run multiple instance of GTalk Account by adding or enter some command the GTalk Messenger software and run it.
- Right Click on your Gtalk shortcut.[Remember only this shortcut will run multiple instances,others wont be able to unless you edit their properties same as we are going to do now]
- Now go to properties
- In the target box,you will find something like this “C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Talkgoogletalk.exe”
- Now add -nomutex at the end of text in Target with a space.It will now become like “C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Talkgoogletalk.exe” -nomutex.im showing the same in the figure also
- Click Ok and you are done
Now double click on the shortcut and you will see one more instance of Gtalk running on your PC. You can do the same even for other gtalk shortcuts in your pc.