Google Finally Has an Official Android File Manager: How To Download Files Go APK
It was a long time in the making but it has finally happened. We now have an official Android file manager app developed by Google. It took them ten years to figure it out – but Google has finally come out with Files Go. As of now the only way to install the app is via the Files Go APK installation. Google is yet to officially announce it and make it live on the Play Store.
However, the app has leaked and thousands of users are already using it. Here’s a look a the features of this app and how to download the Files Go APK and install it.
Features of Files Go
Before you download Files Go APK, here’s a look at some of the features of the app and what you’ll be able to do with it:
- Free Up Space: The Files Go app, like most other file managers will allow you to easily clear up space on your phone. It will show you cards from where you can easily access and delete the content you do not want such as downloaded media from chat apps, etc.
- Transfer Files: Android finally has a feature similar to Apple’s Air Drop where you can transfer files from one phone to another without having to install a third-party app.
- Manage Your Storage: Most importantly you will be able to browse through your files and manage your storage with ease.
How To Download and Install Files Go APK:
In order to download and install the Files Go APK,
- Download the file from APKMirror here.
- Go to the settings of your phone and allow downloads via unknown sources. (Settings>Security>Unknown Sources)
- Install the file by running it from your downloads section.
If you’re running the Files Go APK, comment below and let us know how your experience has been with the app!