How To Change Page Orientation On Google Docs To Landscape
By default, Google Docs loads documents in portrait orientation. It works for most text and images based documents, but may not work very well for documents with wide tables or graphics. Thankfully, Google Docs comes with the required options to change page orientation.
If you need to make Google Docs landscape, then keep reading and I’ll show you how to change page orientation on Google Docs for desktop, Android, and iOS.
Make Google Docs landscape on desktop
First, let’s see how to change page orientation on Google Docs desktop version. However, do keep in mind that changing page orientation may affect the formatting of your document content. Therefore, make sure you recheck the document after switching to landscape mode and manually make the required changes.
1. Access Google Docs and open the required document to edit.
2. Now click on the “File” menu at the top-left corner and select “Page setup” from it.
3. Here select “Landscape” under the “Orientation” section and then click on “OK”.
Your document will immediately switch to landscape orientation and content will align accordingly (as possible).
Make Google Docs landscape on mobile
The process to change page orientation on Google Docs Android and iOS app is same, so I am only going to show you how to do it on Android. You can follow these same instructions on iOS devices as well:
1. While the document is open, tap on the “Edit” button at the bottom-right corner.
2. Afterward, tap on the menu at the top-right corner and select “Page setup” from it.
3. Here tap on “Orientation” and then select “Landscape”.
The document orientation will change to landscape. However, to view it on your phone, you’ll have to enable Print layout. To do so, tap on the menu button again and select “Print layout”.
Do keep in mind that page orientation will apply to all the pages in a document. Therefore, you can’t apply landscape orientation to specific sections or pages. If you need a full landscape document, then the above instructions are enough. Let’s us know in the comments if you have any questions.