Get a Discount Up To $388 on a Pixel Smartphone with Google Store Trade-In Program
Over the past couple of years, Google is paying major attention to their hardware division. With the recent acquisition of HTC’s Pixel team, the company is now looking forward to come out with even better devices in the future. The company has today introduced a Google Store trade-in program where you could trade your old smartphone and get a discount on the Pixel phones.
This Google Store Trade-In program is introduced just in time for the Android flagship Pixel 2. However, the offer is already live for Pixel smartphones too.
How The Google Store Trade-In Program Works
Making use of this Google Store Trad-In program is quite easy. Here’s how it works:
- Log on to the Google Store by going to https://www.store.google.com
- Select the Google Pixel or Pixel XL that you want to purchase and click on ‘Buy’.
- You would then see an option of ‘Trade Your Phone’.
- Select your manufacturer
- Select your device
- You would then be asked a few questions on the condition of your phone to evaluate the trade-in price of your phone.
- You would then have to ship your phone to Google and once they receive it, the amount would be credited to your card.
List of Supported manufacturers and Devices:
The Google Store Trade-In program supports only six manufacturers for now:
Here’s a list of smartphones that you can trade in and the discount that you can get:
- Galaxy Note5: $61-150
- Galaxy S8+: $66-$345
- Galaxy S8: $59.60-$305
- Galaxy S7 edge: $40.40-$175
- Galaxy S7: $52-$150
- iPhone 6: $35-$143
- iPhone 7 Plus: $68-$388
- iPhone SE: $30-$143
- LG G6: $35.20-230
- Nexus 6P: $113-165
- Nexus 5X: $82.50-$115
- Nexus 6: $35-$80
The trade-in value for the Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL will be revealed once the company makes the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL official. The discounts are rather disappointing for now. However, it is expected that the trade-in value for the Google Pixel would be much higher. For now you’d need to give a fully functioning iPhone 7 Plus in order to get a $388 discount, which is the highest at offer so far.