Best Phone Tracking Apps to Combat Phone Theft: Secure Your Smartphone
Among one of the most disheartening, gut-wrenching feelings in the world is to tap on your pocket and to realize your phone is not there. This has happened to all of us at some point of time, and while many a times the phone is on the table or in the other pocket, sometimes the phone goes missing. However, don’t lose hope. If you have a phone tracking app installed on to your phone – you’re still in the clear. Let us take a look at some of the best phone tracking apps which can help you in case of phone theft!
Best Phone Tracking Apps to Combat Phone Theft
Cerberus is among the best phone tracking apps for securing your smartphones. The app offers much more than what the usual ‘track my phone’ apps offer. There are a number of unique features which come with the app. Cerberus is free to use for a week following which users need to purchase a paid version but the app is worth every penny as it gives the users mental satisfaction.
- The app allows the users to make use of basic features such as locking the phone and setting up a pass-code.
- In case of theft or misplacing your phone, you can trigger a loud alarm on it, even if the phone is in silent mode.
- Wipe Data from your phone’s internal and external memory to ensure no one gets hold of your data.
- Shows location of the phone, record audio, take pictures, screenshots and videos so that the thief can be recognized. Settings also allow the app to send you a camera capture every time a wrong security pin/pattern/password is entered.
Lost Android is one of the most powerful applications when it comes to securing smartphones. The app looks like it has come straight out of the Android Gingerbread era, but don’t judge the book by its cover. The app is highly secure and provides a really strong protection. It is truly one of the best phone tracking apps. The app allows users to control the phone remotely via a website and even via SMS. Here’s a look at some of the features of Lost Android:
- The app allows the users to track where their phone is over GPS or network.
- Wipe Phone, erase internal as well as SD card data to ensure your data does not reach unwanted people.
- One of the best phone tracking apps, Lost Android allows you to forward calls to another number, so that you do not miss out on any communication.
- You can control your lost phone by just SMS. Sending a text message to your lost phone, you can trigger an alarm, lock or unlock the phone, erase data, etc. You will also be notified over e-mail in case your SIM card is changed.
- The app also allows users to click pictures from the front as well as the rear camera, as well as record audio to help identify the thief.
Find My Device
Find My Device comes as Google’s way of ensuring your phone remains safe. While it might not be as feature-loaded as the aforementioned apps, Find My Device is still one of the best phone tracking apps on the Google Play Store. This is the app of choice for those who do not want to install third party apps and want to rely on one of Google’s basic offerings. It is basically the new and improved version of the Android Device Manager. As mentioned earlier, it is not feature-rich, but it does offer some really strong support. Let us take a look:
- The Find My Device app allows the users to locate their Android phone, tablet or watch – it can track the app over GPS and display its location on a map.
- Among one of the best phone tracking apps, the Find My Device app from Google allows the users to play a sound on the device so that they can easily find it in case of a misplaced smartphone.
- Users can lock the phone remotely, which ensures people who do not have the access to the credentials do not unlock the device. Users can also display a message on the phone which can help reach to them in case of a lost phone.
- Find My Device also allows the users to erase the phone and wipe all the data from internal as well as external storage.