Convert PDF into MS Word format using Google DocsAdvertisements:
Over the internet, you will find many free services that transforms PDF’s to MS Word format but they all have some or the other problems and limitaions. I wouldn’t recommend using these free services because
#. They create a copy of your personal document, which they might use against you. Official files and private documents should never be uploaded anywhere.
#. They ask you to download free/paid conversion software that might actually be malware or bloatware.
#. They ask your email address so that later they can send you spam mails.
Moreover, some of them have size restrictions and does not allow multiple conversions. In addition, their accuracy and speed to convert is doubtful.
Why I am recommending Google docs to convert PDF into MS word format? Because
#. Its efficient. I have been able to convert locked and protected files that were refused by other programs.
#. Google Docs proprietary OCR technology lets you extract text and formatting from images and PDF’s. What’s more? It is available in 34 languages.
#. No software installation is required. Anyone can do it instantly!
#. You can easily sync Google Docs with your desktop local files.
Follow these simple steps to convert and extract text from PDFs:
1) Go to Google Docs and start uploading your PDF.
2) Select the second option to make a Google Docs Format of your file. You must select “Convert text from PDF and image files to Google documents”.
3) Once file is uploaded, navigate back to your Home page where all the files are listed. By default your file will be at the top.
4) Right click on your file and select the option to download.
5) Choose the format in which you want to convert your file (Microsoft Office Word, HTML, Open Document, PDF, Rich Text RTF or plain text).
The only limitation is that you can convert only the files that are maximum 2MB in size. However, you can upload files upto 10GB in Google Docs. If your PDF file is really big, I would recommend Zamzar which is an excellent online conversation service for many types of files and is quite safe to use.