Google Celebrates Children’s Day With Web Rangers 2017 Contest: Here’s How To Take Part
Google India celebrated Children’s Day by announcing the third edition of Web Ranger’s contest. Web Rangers 2017 is a contest aimed towards spreading awareness about internet safety in teenagers. This is the third year Google is organizing the contest, which is open for all children between the age of 10 to 17. Let us take a detailed look at this contest:
What is The Web Rangers 2017 Contest All About?
Google has two agendas behind this contest
- Helping spread awareness about being secure on the internet
- Educating children at an early age about how to be a good digital citizen.
The contest ensures that children of this impressionable age, who are taking their early steps in the world wide web know about being secure on the internet. Through this contest, Google will award seven Web Rangers who come out with good ideas towards promoting digital safety.
The contest involves participating children coming out with various ideas regarding internet security. There are three formats in which children can submit their entries
- Campaigns: A collective of various ideas, including social media campaigns, series of videos and even offline awareness drives! Participating individuals can do it in groups of three.
- Projects: Those taking part in the Web Rangers 2017 contest individually (and not in a team) can submit standalone components of the campaign too – this includes a website, video, app or a game!
- Poster: For those participants who are not as confident with technology or don’t want to create videos, they can create and submit posters which help raise awareness around internet security and being a better digital citizen.
How To Participate in Web Rangers 2017 Contest
In order to take part in the Web Rangers 2017 contest, you need to create your entry, upload it in a place and provide the link in this form. The deadline for submitting the entries is 23:59 pm on January 15, 2018. Seven winners will be awarded by Google with a Chromebook!