Free Gmail VS Hotmail Plus VS Yahoo Mail Plus. Who Wins?
Yahoo and Hotmail are products of the late 90’s while Gmail was launched in 2004 yet Gmail overcomes both in many aspects. Moreover Gmail gives many features free of cost.
Yahoo has 280 million consumer-base and Hotmail has 270 million users while there are only 146 million users of Gmail. Despite of only used by 20% of users it has gained incredible 4% growth rate. Gmail recently shred their beta label and it continues to be free whereas other mail providers charge some fee for providing several basic features that can be now considered as standard.
Let us compare some features of the most popular email providers and make out why Gmail scores way better than others. Yahoo and hotmail have legacy in their fields and Gmail is just newly born. Therefore it will be appropriate to compare premium services to free Gmail for an unbiased comparison:
|Features||Gmail||Hotmail Plus||Yahoo Mail|
|Storage||7 GB+||10 GB +||Unlimited claimed|
|Attachment Size||25 MB||20 MB||20 MB|
|Ads||Text Ads on right sidebar||No Graphical Ads||No Graphical Ads|
|Exclusive||Undo Send||SkyDrive||Live Customer Care|
Some other points to consider that makes Gmail best mail provider:
- Speed and ease of Gmail is at par with yahoo and hotmail live.
- Gmail offers free mail forwarding and pop-out services whereas other mail providers charge you for this facility.
- Gmail, offer a much richer experience than counterparts unless Ajax is turned on.
- Another cool feature is its Gtalk integration. You can chat with your friends write from Gmail window. Yahoo also has IM integration with its email service.
- Gmail is preferred because of its speed, performance, labelling capacity and amazing search.
- Gmail takes some time to get used to but later complex actions become spontaneous.
Gmail also offers other advantages such as mail fetching and tight integration with Google Calendar and Google docs. As anticipated, Gmail wins over all categories.