Remote for Google Slides: Control Slides With Your Phone
[UPDATE] As pointed out to us, this is not a feature developed by Google itself, but by Google Developers Group. We apologize for this faux pas.
Google Slides has quickly been becoming one of the most popular alternatives for making presentations. Today, Google announced that they are now introducing a remote for Google Slides – which will allow the users to control the presentation using their smartphone. This is particularly useful when it comes to timing the presentation as you can now tap on your phone to go forwards or backwards in the presentation without having to depend on someone or constantly touch your connected system.
What Does This Remote Allow You To Do?
This remote for Google Slides is basically a Google Chrome extension which functions with a progressive web app. It allows you to control your presentation from any device. Here’s a look at all that this remote allows you to do:
- Move Forwards or Backwards: You can move forward or backward in the presentation by tapping a button! This gives you a greater control over the stage as you do not need to depend on someone for controlling your presentation.
- Timer: Another major benefit of this remote for Google Slides is that it allows you to look at the time for which you have been speaking for. In case of timed presentations, this is really critical as you may not want to go beyond the scheduled time.
- Notes: Sometimes you write notes for a slide which are quick points that help you remember additional info. The remote also shows these notes.
How To Use Remote for Google Slides?
- In order to make use of the remote – install this Google Chrome extension on the device you are going to present on.
- After you’ve installed the extension – open this progressive web app on your device which you will be using as the remote.
Next, you will need to open the extension which will show you a six digit code. Enter the code in your web app and you can now begin to control the presentation. Moreover, it allows you to control a connected presentation anywhere on earth, remotely and not just while you’re on stage!