Google Chrome is now already known to all of us. It has become ubiquitous and now everyone wants to get more of it. In this post we will tell you some interesting facts just like we did for Google and some web browser insights.
Lets look at some of the basic tips that might help you to imcrease productivity:
- The Chrome Easter Egg- Write about:internets in omnibar aka address bar.
- Similarly, about:crash – “Something went wrong while displaying this webpage. To continue, press Reload or go to another page.”
- about:stats – It gives you various statistics, and the title says “Shh.. This page is secret”
- About:Memory – it will open a detailed memory stats of each processes or opened websites.
You can also find this out by Right-Clicking to the vacant top window colored blue area > Choose Task Manager
- Other Stats for Nerds link
and just plain about:
- Google Chrome takes nearly 47MB space of your hard-disk while Firefox3 mearly uses 24 MB.
- In Windows XP Google Chrome will be installed in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\ directory. In Windows Vista Google Chrome will be installed in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\ directory.
- The Chrome installer adds a AutoUpdate application to the system startup.
- Google Chrome is based on Webkit which powers the Safari Browser.
- Google Chrome, currently version 0.2.149.27, seems to use a slightly older build of Webkit (version 525.13, to be precise).
- Shortcut to hide and unhide the bookmark bar:Ctrl+B
- Shortcut for task manager : Shift+Esc
- Shortcut for opening The Last Tabs:Ctrl+Shift+T
- Shortcut for opening a Particular Tab:Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+8
- Shortcut for opening Your Home Page:Alt+Home
- Shortcut for search: Ctrl+F , more ever it remembers the location of searched text on scroll bar and also highlight the search text in real time.
- There are very few options, and even fewer menus. It lacks a status bar too. The clean interface is Google’s trademark.
- By default the Java runtime only supports Internet Explorer and Firefox.If you want to run Java Applets on Google Chrome, download the JRE 6u10 for Windows and restart Google Chrome after installation.
- You can tear off tabs into new windows. Just click and drag the tab off the tab bar. You can also put it back on if you wish.
- There is no RSS auto-discovery in Chrome.
- Your address bar actually doubles up as a Search field as well. Type whatever you want to search in it and hit enter. You can edit your search engines also by right clicking on address bar.
- It is possible to have some tabs “icognito” and others not at the same time.
- Different processes threads for each tab. Tab memory freed immediately as tabs are closed.
- The Delicious bookmarklets for Firefox work for Chrome, so you can still get the same functionality. Try http://delicious.com/help/bookmarklets.
- Chrome doesn’t have Addons like Firefox but it would eventually, it’s just a beta right now
- Best feature – Create Application Shortcuts: This allows you to create a small program which is dedicated to a web site. This means just click the program and you will see it there.
- You get get official features of Google chrome from http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html