Plaxo 3.0 offers several access options, including a web interface, native client software for Windows and Mac OS X and a new Wap 2.0 version for mobile browsers.
The service is now also localised with versions in French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
The online interface has been developed in Ajax with multiple components and is designed to work with the following services:
- Google (starting with Calendar, Gmail coming soon)
- Microsoft (Outlook, Outlook Express, Vista Mail, and Hotmail)
- Yahoo (Mail and Calendar)
- Mac OS X Sync Services (for Address Book, iCal, iPhone and more)
- AOL (AIM)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- LinkedIn (available as part of Plaxo Premium)
- Mobile phones
The address book offers find-as-you-type search, one-click directions via Yahoo, and click-to-call via Jajah.
The new calendar application, built by the HipCal team which Plaxo acquired in May 2006, provides an upcoming view, countdowns, weather via Weather Underground, photos via Flickr and calendar sharing.
Plaxo 3.0 also includes Plaxo Pulse, an automated content sharing system based on the settings of people known to the user. Initial feeds include Flickr photos, blog posts, Amazon wish lists and Plaxo contact information changes.