When the Google Chrome first came up and at same time Hotmail Live changed its code, many of us faced “Upgrade your Browser” error. However, clicking on “Continue to Windows Live Hotmail” solved the problem temporary.
New versions of Google Chrome solved this problem but recently Hotmail has started showing up “Error on page” refusing to open or send new mails. This is not a particular Hotmail problem, many other websites have showing such errors lately. Google Chrome is a new browser and still understanding the behaviour of numerous websites. There are still some incompatibility issues, which can be easily solved by following methods:
- First, you must have latest version of Google Chrome. Download it from here.
- A sure shot solution:
1) Click on Wrench menu icon near the address bar.
2) Select “Clear browsing data” from dropdown. Or press “Ctrl + Shift + Del” Chrome Keyboard Shortcut.
3) Select checkboxes “Delete cookies” and “Empty the cache”. Also, select “Everything” from the period dropdown.Finally to remove all history click on “Clear browsing data” button.
- Another alternate fix is to right click on the Chrome icon, go to properties and adding the following line to target field :
– -user-agent=”Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1 Safari/525.19″
This hack will make Hotmail believe that the request is coming from Mozilla agent and will not force you to change internet browser.